Many of you recall that my dear mother went to heaven January 10, just over two months ago. All three of my siblings and spouses, along with their children and grandchildren, spent time, money, and energy caring for our Mom, especially during her last few years on this earth. My sister Carol, whose birthday is today, was the anchor. She lives closest to Mother’s assisted living residence and with rare exception spent at least five days a week caring for her.
A couple months prior to Mom’s passing, Terry and I, with Carol also present, paid a special visit. We surmised Mom’s passing was imminent and wanted to be sure that her memorial service would be conducted according to her wishes. So I asked a few questions about her funeral service preferences, using as a guide a form I had helped prepare a couple years ago. She was glad I asked.
Legacy Deo, formerly Lutheran Foundation of Texas, is pleased to offer to you a copy of that same document — Celebrating Victory in Christ Funeral Planning Guide.
There is no charge for an electronic copy of this valuable tool designed to assist people in planning their memorial service and other important end of life details. Topics include:
- Personal and Family Reference Information
- Your Information
- Your Immediate Family Information
- Person(s) to Make Arrangements
- Planning for Your Celebration of Life Service
- Type of Service
- Facility Handling Arrangements
- Pastor(s) to Officiate at Service
- Music Selections
- Scripture Readings
- Pall Bearer Contact Information
- Colors, Flower Selections
- Military Honors
- People to Notify of Your Passing
- Meal or Reception in Connection with Service
- Other Details of Your Service
- Significant Dates in Your Life
- Photographs and/or Videos for Remembrance Service
- Burial Location
- Details of Burial
- Burial Marker
- Selection of Coffin if Desired
- Obituary Preparation
- Location of Legal Documents and Information
- Last Will and Testament
- Trust Documents
- Organ Donation Designation
- Life Insurance Policies
- Other Documents
- Leaving Your Legacy
- Christian Preamble for Your Last Will and Testament
- Family Blessing or Remembrance
- Gift Legacy
- Suggested Hymns and Other Musical Selections
- Suggested Scripture Readings
For your free copy, call 1-800-880-3733 or 1-512-646-4909 or contact email@example.com. If you use this guide for planning your own memorial service, your family will be spared the difficulty of making these decisions for you without your input, at a time of sorrow and grief.
Do it now, while it’s on your mind. Provide a copy of your completed form to someone in your family and also to your pastor. You and they will be blessed as a result.