It’s hard to believe that today’s edition of Perspectives concludes the sixth year of these weekly articles. I don’t mind admitting that the deadline is sometimes a bit daunting and that topics of interest sometimes come more readily to mind than at other times. Feel free to send suggestions.
In addition, in a world of sound bites, brevity is important. Often I find it difficult to address complex topics with only a few words. When Perspectives first began, my St. Louis LCMS International Center staff insisted that I restrict these articles to two paragraphs. LOL! For a while I did pretty well at that. Not so much lately. However, beginning today and at least for a few weeks, I’ll make an effort to be brief. But don’t expect miracles!
Today’s article comes, with permission, from a devotion presented at this summer’s Florida-Georgia District LCMS Convention by Rev. Brian Kneser, convention chaplain. It’s not feasible to include here all the comments Pastor Kneser included in his devotion, but I think you’ll get the point from the information he projected on the screen in simple PowerPoint format.
Psalm 89:1: “I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.”
A New Language: Text Messaging
- LOL – Laughing out loud!
- LOLH – Laughing out loud hysterically!
- LSHMBH – Laughing so hard my belly hurts!
- ROFL – Rolling on floor laughing!
- T+ – Think positive!
- 2G2BT – Too good to be true!
- 10Q – Thank you!
- 143 – I love you! (check the number of letters in each word)
- 1432 – I love you too!
- If Jesus texted, what would he say?
- IFYP – I feel your pain.
- IKYS – I know your sin.
- 143 – I love you!
- ISLY – I still love you!
- IWALU – I will always love you!
- RYB & PTL – Read your Bible and praise the Lord!
- EMB – Engaged in the Master’s Business (convention theme)
- MGBU – May God bless you!
- AMEN – Amen!